Terms & Conditions
- These terms & conditions apply to any work done for the Client by Designed by Harry Vann (DHV).
- DHV will provide service(s) as mutually agreed, confirmed by the Client.
- The work will be carried out unsupervised at such times and places as determined by DHV, using his own equipment.
- DHV agrees to attend the Client’s or other premises for necessary meetings, the time spent and agreed reasonable expenses incurred (where applicable) to be reimbursed by the Client.
- The Client will reimburse for agreed reasonable expenses over and above usual expenses incurred in the process of editorial work.
- The Client will pay DHV a 50% deposit of the agreed estimate for the work prior to commencement, with the final 50% being paid within 7 days of the completion.
- Project work will commence upon confirmation of cleared deposit funds.
- The completed work will be delivered on or before the date agreed, for the agreed fee, which will be based on the description of the work in the proposal document.
- If, however,it becomes apparent that significantly more work is required than had been anticipated in the preliminary discussion/brief, DHV reserves the right to renegotiate the fee and/or the deadline.
- If, during the term of DHV’s work, additional tasks are requested by the Client, DHV will separately invoice the time involved for these at a rate of £200 per day.
- Unless agreed otherwise at the outset, payment will be made within 7 days of receipt of DHV’s final invoice, according to the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 (amended 2002 and 2013).
- If The Client requires work on the basis of a monthly retainer, this is to be paid via direct debit to the instructed bank account on or before the 1st of the month succeeding.
- NB if working on a retainer basis, DHV will inform The Client how much time they have left after each piece of work via email. Unused time cannot be carried forward.
Terms of the work
- Any content created by DHV as part of the copy-editing/ proofreading/project management process will become the copyright of the Client, unless otherwise agreed.
- The nature and content of the work will be kept confidential and not made known to anyone other than the Client and its contractors without prior written permission.
- If preferred by the Client, DHV will host their website and domain on their private cloud server.
- The Client must pay a monthly subscription of whatever price is agreed in the proposal to cover this service.
- Under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998, the Client and DHV may keep on record such information (e.g. contact details) as is necessary. Either may view the other’s records to ensure that they are relevant, correct and up to date.
- Either the Client or DHV has the right to terminate a contract for services if there is a serious breach of its terms.
- DHV may use the Client’s name and imagery in his promotional material.
- This agreement is subject to the laws of England and Wales, and both DHV and Client agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
By starting a project with Designed by Harry Vann, the Client is agreeing to these terms & conditions.